TV Tuner Cards - how to get good reception?

I have just recently bought a tv tuner card and have found pretty much all indoor antennaes useless, taking years to get a fair signal and then with a little bump, its a complete mess again.
now i just want to know if its better to connect using the tv cable or the 3 rca cables?

charleslong

terry_bogard_007 said:
I have just recently bought a tv tuner card and have found pretty much all indoor antennaes useless, taking years to get a fair signal and then with a little bump, its a complete mess again.
now i just want to know if its better to connect using the tv cable or the 3 rca cables?
If I understand your questions correctly, I would have to say composite video would provide a clearer picture and sound than coaxial.

charleslong

terry_bogard_007 said:
cool thanks for your suggestion.
now i just need to get me something like 20m of cables!
I dont know how good the quality of your picture will be with that lenght of cable. I would definately get the best cable that I could get. Let us know how it turns out.

flame1117

banned
you could get one of the antena's on yur room, thats what i haave ith my reg tv and you could get any beeter reception.

charleslong said:
I dont know how good the quality of your picture will be with that lenght of cable. I would definately get the best cable that I could get. Let us know how it turns out.

I bought a coaxial cable yesterday and its working fine at a quality I am happy with.
but that is with using the tv outlet in my living room that my tv normally uses, when using a different outlet with a connection of another cable, the quality isnt very good anymore.
It may be because of a bad connection with the other tv outlet or because of the connection of two long wires, idk but i still cant get it good yet :confused:

you could get one of the antena's on yur room, thats what i haave ith my reg tv and you could get any beeter reception.

what do you mean by antenna in my room?
like a tv outlet thing or like an indoor antennae?