(Uk only) Purchasing Gaming Desktop PC

Massy2k

Hi, can anyone recommend a budget gaming pc from a uk store who preferably deliver, any links you might have would be appreciated. I recently purchased one from PC World for £400.00 but it became faulty somehow after two weeks and I had to return it today, they didnt know what was wrong with it so could only offer me a refund rather than fixing it for me.

The £400.00 I got back from PC world will be my budget plus an extra £100-150 extra on top. So I can spend roughly £550.00 for a new computer. Would prefer a premade one.

I wouldnt have a clue how to build a pc from scratch and I'm not sure how comfortable I would feel about buying different parts of a computer from different locations, so I dont think I can consider building my own pc unless you know of a UK site which will sell all the components i might need in one place and was completely dummy proof.

Any help and suggestions would be great appreciated , thankyou.

linkin

VIP Member

Massy2k

Not sure why I would need to post in the 'For Sale' section since im buying, not trying to sell something.

But, thanks for the link to the building a computer link.

FBJ

I'm from the UK and considering you aren't comfortable with building a PC I'm assuming you wouldn't be comfortable upgrading one either. I would recommend a Dell Inspiron 560 as it starts below your budget which allows you to perhaps upgrade the GPU (graphics card) for an extra £20. Link. Having a look through it it's not actually a bad deal either. I have found Dells are reliable. I have owned 3 Dells (2 Desktops and a laptop) and all are still running. (This one is about 7 years old and can still run CS:S). May I ask what desktop you bought previously?

daisymtc

Don't get Dell, That machine with Q8300, which is LGA 775, which is dead socket. You will need to upgrade PSU if you want to get good video card yourself. Also, these OEM machine usually with locked BIOS which make it so difficult to upgrade in future.

FBJ

They aren't buying or selling anything they are asking for advice of what to buy and where to buy it from.

funkysnair

VIP Member
op's own words---\/

can anyone recommend a budget gaming pc from a uk store

Any help and suggestions would be great appreciated

he wants help in purchasing a pc to his cash flow and i see no evidence to him wanting to buy off a member in here???

Massy2k

May I ask what desktop you bought previously?

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-cbe1401-04153059-pdt.html

Exactly like this one, only it cost me £400.00, the specs look roughly the same also. They stopped selling the one I purchased just after I bought my one, thats why pc world couldnt give me a replacement.. they apparantly dont have that model/type anymore.

So, I've been looking for gaming pc's like the previous but it would seem I got lucky with that because the ones I have looked at so far have been out of my price range.

daisymtc

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-cbe1401-04153059-pdt.html

Exactly like this one, only it cost me £400.00, the specs look roughly the same also. They stopped selling the one I purchased just after I bought my one, thats why pc world couldnt give me a replacement.. they apparantly dont have that model/type anymore.

So, I've been looking for gaming pc's like the previous but it would seem I got lucky with that because the ones I have looked at so far have been out of my price range.

Not bad, but I believed the one I suggest would have better quality.

wellhellothere

The guys not breaking any rules Linkin, ease up!

Massy, i know it might not seem ideal, but, for the amount of effort thats involved to build your own, its incredibly worth it. Saves money, you'll end up with a better machine, and the know-how to repair it when it goes wrong (saving money again). Its a lot easier than you think!

Otherwise -

^ thats a good buy.

Massy2k

Adding the premium 64bit OEM OS will bring the total for the base unit at £557.82, which means I'll have to purchase a keyboard and mouse seperately most likely bringing the total to... roughly £580.00?

£550, was sorta at the top end off my budget but if you guys say this is the best I can get then I will most likely purchase this one, although I might have to wait an extra two weeks for my next pay-check.

I was looking through the step-by-step guide to building your own pc and although I'm not 100% confident with it, I am seriously thinking about it. It does however scare the crap out of me.

Dont want to seem like im taking the p*ss with you guys but I would very much appreciate any extra advice towards building my own pc if it means getting a better gaming pc for a less cost.

Looking at the step by step guide it seemed like I would need a total of 9 different parts if I choose to only have the one hard drive. But like I mentioned before I wouldnt have a clue just at looking at the names whether the parts were 1. compatible 2. any good :p

As far as I know about building your own pc, Dell is the only real option I know off. Someone mentioned already though how Dell was infact not any good so I'm at a loss already.