um purchasing a computer need helpo

shurikensaregosu

my budget = 1000-1500
um..i wanna play computer games and burn stuff!!!
and im a super computer nooooob!!
just wanted to get that straight

soo. i was thinking about purchasing a computer locally because i hate SHIPPING AND TAX!!!! :mad: when i made up a configuration off of cyberpower inc.. my tax and shipping was about 250!!!!

but all my local computer shops like.. FRY's / Circuit City / Best Buy/ and Microcenter/ Office Max sell CRAPPY gaming computers.

soo i was thinking about buying one of those computers and upgrading the graphic card (if possible) but i dont have a clue how..

i checked the sites for all of those computer stores and i dont know which one to choose.

i noticed how microcenter computers had pretty stuff in them but i dont wanna buy off their items. i once bought a WINBOOK for 1400 awhile ago. damn it was crappy and heavy and my batteries died within a year. so im not sure about their "power spec" computers cuz those computers are Micro Center brand computers.

well anywayss

i was thinking about getting http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat60700050018&id=1117176782327
and maybe if possible upgrade the graphics to like an ati radian at least x700

i dont wanna get a super good computer yet cuz next year i'll be taking 3 computer classes in high school. :rolleyes:

well if any of you guys find a better computer or soemthing let me know!! and gimmie some advice!!! lol sorry for my long essayish thing :D

Lax

VIP Member
You ever thought about building one yourself. Generally cheaper and you can customize it to exactly what you want/want it to do.

skidude

try www.ibuypower.com

I just ordered the computer on my signature for $1021.00 USD. It was originally $936 but shipping was $85, quite unlike the $250 you mentioned. I don't know about tax, since I'm from New Hampshire and we don't have a sales tax, but I don't know if that applies since ibuypower is in California......

skidude

Ya, I know about computers so I'm gonna check all the parts to make sure everything is there..... they won't be able to slide anything past me.....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but all my local computer shops like.. fry's / circuit city / best buy/ and microcenter/ office max sell crappy gaming computers.

soo i was thinking about buying one of those computers and upgrading the graphic card (if possible) but i dont have a clue how..
easier to build your own... have a look at BUILDING COMPUTERS 101.

Ya, I know about computers so I'm gonna check all the parts to make sure everything is there..... they won't be able to slide anything past me.....
But what happens if they dont give you (or feasibly cant) give you the information you want/need (say, the extended OPN data on CPUs)?