Unresponsive Mouse

wireman

I am running Debian 11 on a desktop PC. Recently my mouse (Logitech B100 USB wired) has started to become
'draggy' I.e. cursor is slow to respond to movement of the mouse and often repeated movements of the mouse are needed to get
the cursor to move. This 'draggy' behaviour is getting worse. The mouse is only a couple of years old. The mouse is clean, including the underside. Discarding the mouse pad does not change the behaviour.

Any suggestions please as to what might be causing the problem and how to solve it ?

wireman

I cannot unplug the mouse due to the position of the usb port. I suspect a faulty left button.

How do I check a button if I can't unplug the mouse ?

beers

Staff member
Buttons don't align with movement issues.

I'd swap with another mouse, then you can determine hardware versus software. My trackpad flips out on this garage laptop in Ubuntu after a while although putting it in sleep mode for a sec cycles power to the touchpad.

a.y.f

I am running Debian 11 on a desktop PC. Recently my mouse (Logitech B100 USB wired) has started to become
'draggy' I.e. cursor is slow to respond to movement of the mouse and often repeated movements of the mouse are needed to get
the cursor to move. This 'draggy' behaviour is getting worse. The mouse is only a couple of years old. The mouse is clean, including the underside. Discarding the mouse pad does not change the behaviour.

Any suggestions please as to what might be causing the problem and how to solve it ?
here a few things you can try:
1. press WIN + SHIFT + CRTL + B
2. unistall the mouse driver and restart the computer.
3. check a diifrent mouse if the issue continues, if the issue sloved prbebly your mouse its rotten