unsure about a couple of bios settings...

sh33p1985

mb: abit ic7-g
cpu: 3ghz prescott 1mb cache
ram: 1gb pc3200 geil ultra dual channel
gfx: 256mb asus v9999ge 6800

just built my first computer but there are a couple of settings im unsure about in the bios, im tyring to configur it so i get the most out of my hardware, and as im a bit of a newbie with the bios (well unless its first boot settings!) i fear i might now have all the correct settings for my hardware.
i left the cpu settings as autodetect and it has the following:

cpu operating speed 3000(200)
ext clock (CPU:AGP: PCI) 200mhz 66mhz 33mhz
estimated new clock speed 3ghz
n/b strap CPU as "by CPU"
dram ratio "by SPD" (which sets it to 1:1)
agp ratio (CPU:AGP: PCI) 6:2:1

are these ok? or will it be best to user define them all and change their settings...

tristan

Just go to "Load Optimal Settings" that will optimize your hardware. Anything more than that and you need to do some research on overclocking.

kof2000

is no joke, well unless you know what you're doing, cuz some people learn it the hardway, well i dont think is a big deal with the bios u could just reflash it or something lol. i remember i fried a mobo 8 years ago trying to fix something that is not crucial and end up with a dead pc lol.

tristan

I always ended up enjoying the experience. Even if it had me to the point of ripping my hair out, just being able to learn how to fix it and how it works was pretty cool. Heh.. I typically do all my testing at work though on their equipment where Ive burned boards, processors, PSU's and basically everything you could think of. I still experiment on my own equipment I just save the real dangerous stuff for work =)