upgrade from a 1080

Scarletka

Hi,
Been quite a while since I've upgraded anything to do with my pc, currently using a 1080 which isn't terrible but could probably do with a bump, and then I'd be able to put this in the media pc to give it a nudge from its current 1060 which has struggled with some games and it will only get worse...

Main pc is a 9900k I think, 4k screen, media pc is a low power 6700 I want to saying again a 4k screen. So hopefully the cpu wouldn't be too much of a bottleneck and my proposed hand me down upgrade path would make sense?

My wife's pc currently has an old 780 which is fine but again I wouldn't mind being able to upgrade her to with the 1060 if it'll fit....

Haven't not paid any attention for a couple of years I was wondering what might be a good option, wouldn't be looking to spend a lot, <£300 probably, so may not be worth it at all I'm not sure.

From a quick look at the tomshardware gpu comparison chart it appears anything above a 2060/3050 would technically be an upgrade? Even less of an idea about the AMD side of things, aa RX570 was the last AMD gpu I bought/looked into when I upgraded my brother's pc years ago!