Upgrading some RAM

M3m0ry

K im a newbie at this, only 15 years old, so bare with me. I have 2 slots for RAM in my PC and only one is being used.

If all i want to do as add another RAM stick, do i just buy it, snap it in and im done? I know i have to find out what kind of RAM it is but is it that simple?

Echo_

actually you need to use solder and some ram glue because you have to bridge the 2 ram sticks and then you have to hotwire your mobo to get the ram power....

naw im just jokin ya it is actually that easy :p

joelkyr

you just dont buy RAM and install it, know the specs of RAM installed and at least buy the similar kind and specs, know how much is the capacity of your MOBO. :cool:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I know i have to find out what kind of RAM

Well in very few to no words that was all covered ;-).

Basicly he seems to know that but wants to know if it's simple to instal and the answer is yes it's as simple as taking the side of your case off and plugging it in ;-) right after you decide of course what ram is best used and he did already cover that he has one free slot so all he really needs to know is the ram type and mobo capacity and usualy just getting a matching stick to the one that's already installed is a prett safe bet.

Anyhow as I've said it really is that simple to instal.

joelkyr

you also have to consider that he is a newbie, be more specific he'll appreciate it more if your cover all the info that he have to know, right. :cool:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
you also have to consider that he is a newbie, be more specific he'll appreciate it more if your cover all the info that he have to know, right.

Cannot argue with that :) and you indeed are correct I should have considered that in my answer.