Upgrading the Graphics card

Flash95

Can anyone advise me on getting better and smoother performance on my old computer haha. I upgraded the graphic card not long ago (not the greatest by any means) I mainly play Total war games, also play NBA and looking to play some shooters. So I just need a better graphic card or is there anything else?

AMD FX 8350 right core processor 4000mhz
Radeon Rx 580 series
Corsair 750W psu

beers

Staff member
Hmm might be edging closer toward new computer time. The 8350 was okayish when it came out 10 years ago but is a little anemic compared to modern CPUs. The only downside is that encompasses a mobo/cpu/ram which adds up quickly.

If you have a beefy aftermarket cooler and a non-cheapy board then pushing a little bit of overclock would add some spice, my 8350 was a lot more lively at 4.8 ghz but also pumped out the heat of seven suns. But, realistically, I'd be targeting a platform upgrade.

Isatech81

Have you ever tried ryzen ? I feel like you can try this one. My younger sibling is into gaming and I have heard many time from him that ryzen have some of the best graphic cards.

Darren

Staff member
Sorry but lol what. Ryzen is a CPU line made by AMD, not a graphics card.

You need a new computer/platform upgrade to Ryzen or whatever Intel's latest offerings are. I went from an 8350 to a first gen Ryzen 7 1700 and it was a night and day difference, and we're like 6 or 7 generations past that now. 8350 is dead unless you need a space heater.

Fresh Windows install if it's been a while is never a bad idea either. Hopefully you're running on an SSD and not a regular hard drive (HDD)?