USB Problem...

stalex111

Dear Forum Friends,
My dad here is a problem i cannot resolve... When I put in a USB key in my computer,, at first it asks me to install the USB driver and now it doesn't, but thats not the problem...
The only thing i know about the memory stick (USB key) is that it's a Kingston and that's 'cause its written on it :D . The problem is that i cannot find a driver for it. I know its not a Data Traveller or Data Traveller II. If anybody can find a driver for it i would be very grateful.

Regards, Stalex.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
if its what i think it is, then it shouldnt need a driver, it should just come up as a removeable drive in "my computer"

narafa

Trying searching the Kingston website, you will find useful information there and you will also find drivers from earlier versions of windows too.

If browsing the website didn't get you anything new, email their support, they reply pretty fast, I did so before, and as far as I recall, they replied within 24 hours.

stalex111

Firstly, I was smart enough to go on the Kingston website, secondly, it is windows 98 (i have windows ME :rolleyes: ) and thirdly it does not appear as a removeable drive in my computer.