USB to PCI????

jjbpenguin

I was wanting to hook a third monitor to my laptop. Typically with a desktop you simply add a new pci video card. Laptops do not have pci slots, therefore I have a problem. I was wondering if it was possible to mod a video card with a usb cable to hook up the video card to run through USB 2.0. Any information about this would be greatly helpful. Also any other ideas about how to hook up additional monitors would be great.

P.S. Is it possible to hook a laptop to a desktop and use its pci slots to house additional cards?

Hellbreather

I dont actually know if this is what your talking about. But you can get a PCI card which splits your display to up to 3 moniters you can get ones that have like 6 or 7 but still. If this could solve your problem it might be worth looking into it.

Hellbreather

Then he can go for the external tool, (I forget laptops aint got PCI cards. :p) the external you can plug into the moniter socket and then it has a HUB which has 3 seperate moniter ports

Geoff

VIP Member
I saw this thing on newegg when i was looking for a way to hook up 2 comps to one monitor, it says you can share a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and it hooks up to your computers USB ports (Supposably).