USB2 Trouble

USB2

New Member
May be simple to some folk, but I'm struggling to set up a card reader/USB port. Its an internal fitting with the cable fitting onto my USB2 motherboard connection. I have XP pro SP2 OS system and was told Windows would just find it. When I plug in a USB device it says 'your device is not recognised or my have malfunctioned' click here to help fix this device. I have clicked here and gone through everthing it says but still the unit will not operate. It does not light up or anything. I have been into device manager, unistalled everything and reinstalled but still nothing. This is my second unit as because of this I thought it was faulty, The PC shop gave me a new one having tested it and said it should now be OK. The unit is a Orbit CR402a card reader with USB. Help, I ve just about given up. Oh and also, if I leave in the USB device it gets really hot and I ve already ruined one because of this.???:confused:

Motherboard SOLTEK SL75KAV - so its quite old.
 
Is this your board? If so I dont even see any USB ports on the board, where are you plugging the USB cable in?

PDRM0125.JPG
 
Thanks so far chaps, this is the correct board. It is marked USB2 in between the the PCI2 and PCI3, top left as you look at your photo. This is where I have plugged it? The connector has a spacer and I have slotted in where I think it should go. Help!
 
No I have no driver, I cannot seem to find one either. I was told my system would use the drives windows has already installed. I have tried updating the driver, but it says i already have the most up to date. I originally thought it may be a driver issue. Where would i get a driver for CR402a internal card reader, any idea's?
 
Back
Top