using vpn

Hey guys I have comcast as my isp and I am wondering if i use a vpn does comcast know i'm usng a vpn? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.

beers

Staff member
Depends what you mean by 'DO THEY KNOW?!?'

They can see you making connections with traffic that is encrypted.

what I mean is let's say I use a vpn and I google autism for example can they see my isp see that oh he googled autism but using a vpn let's go turn off his internet or go to his house and stop him? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.
Depends what you mean by 'DO THEY KNOW?!?'

They can see you making connections with traffic that is encrypted.

_Kyle_

what I mean is let's say I use a vpn and I google autism for example can they see my isp see that oh he googled autism but using a vpn let's go turn off his internet or go to his house and stop him? I look forward to hearing from you thanks.
Usually they can.

beers

Staff member
Comcast specifically wouldn't see the search query but Google would likely have search history based on tracking cookies, if you used Chrome, etc between the two.