Usual Broken Hard Drive

Fran

New Member
Thank for taking the time to read this post on my on going on computer life


it is very simple: My passport usb-powered hard drive has stopped working. Everything seems to pretend that it is probably a physical damage. I don't hear any noise from it.

I have a lot a valuable data in it which I can't afford to loose(music production projects that I am working on right now). I have brownsed the net and found several expensive solutions.

What do I do now?
 
Last edited:
Is there power to it? Have you tried switching USB ports? Define 'stopped working' - your system can't recognize it, or it does recognize it and you can't access any data.
 
One thing you could try is a usb to ide/sata adapter cable. You can get one for about $20. I had a hard drive die on me, started clicking and used the cable to get all the data off of it.
 
One thing you could try is a usb to ide/sata adapter cable. You can get one for about $20. I had a hard drive die on me, started clicking and used the cable to get all the data off of it.

I have also done this I borrowed the cable from my buddy to get contents that I needed off an old Hd its a good solution and the cable can be bought for around 20 dollars so its cheap to
 
I got a sata to usb for something like $2, but it took a while to come in because it was from honk kong on ebay. Works great though.

I'd stick it in a desktop. It's free and not hard at all.
 
Back
Top