Vendor/manufacturer/ms no support - whats the solution

R

riley454

9 months ago I bought a PackardBell prebuilt pc from HarveyNorman (Melbourne). WinXP was preinstalled but no disks supplied only licence number etc. I now want access to Windows fax(standard with XP but not standard install utility). With no disk I can't manually add the program. PackardBell/NEC tell me because this is an OEM product not all utilities are included but there is no mention of this on their packaging, in-store advertising or from the store rep.

MSoft (by phone & email) tell me I have to deal with PB; PB tell me to talk to MS or the retailer(even though it's PB packaging that doesn't show OEM or its shortcomings); HarveyNorman tell me to speak to PB!!!!

There is absolutely no mention on the packaging that NOT all components are available, nor that this is an OEM version.

All I want is a basic fax send/recieve program. Chances are I'll drown in the pool of red tape chasing the aforementioned parties, and wait months for the software. Can someone please give me some advice about fax software or a fast-track to get the original.

R

riley454

Thanks for the advice VERRONA. Download is not what I'm really looking for. Was looking for a regular fax program that dials up through my modem rather than over the web.