"Vibrating" image---power interference?????

pouncey

I have a Sony Artisan which I use for photo editing. I recently bought a condo and moved. At my old place, I never had any issues, but now I am getting what I think is some kind of power interference. I now have an almost constant "vibration" of the image. It's usually very minor and you have to look at the edges to see it. But sometimes it shakes more prominently. I can hear something in the building kick on (maybe the dryers in the laundry room) and that is usually when it seems to get worse. I am running everything through an APC 1500XS UPS power supply.

Any ideas of some find of filter that might fix my problem? I kinda thought the UPS that I have would give me a clean line.

mrjack

VIP Member
I was getting the same "screen vibration" when I was testing where to put an extra fan I bought, still don't know why I got the "vibration" but it stopped when the fan was not so close.

Filip

that problem used to happen to me when i turned on the monitor when windows already loaded, but when i turned it on just when i turned the comp it was normal

tweaker

VIP Member
tweaker said:
Try enabling AGP and/or FSB spread spectrum in your computers bios to reduce EMI (electromagnetic interference).
Worth a shot, but don't get your hopes up.