Video capturing software.

PC eye

banned
Mine is a little faster while not having a video card with gaming in mind namely an MSI Radeon X1300 Pro PCI-E model. The cpu here is a step up being a 3500+ 2.2ghz single core model over the 2ghz 3200+ in your sig. They were sold out of FX-60s at newegg before I could grab one there.

I have an edge over you there with a pair of 1gb PC3200 dimms over having three 512s or a mix of one 1gb with a 512 there. Camstudio is already backed up here on the drives for both the Home and Pro versions of XP. But there was no information on whether it will run in Vista? It will still probably lag on both versions of XP here when going to use it. Due to another project in the works I still haven''t had a chance to try it out unfortunately.

Justin

VIP Member
oh. so you're running vista. you didn't mention that. lol! if i were you, just try it out. no harm trying a freeware. you can just uninstall it if it doesn't work.

PC eye

banned
With two 250bg ide drives along with two 500gb sata drives I have room for multibooting as you can see. The second sata used for backing things is already down to 92gb at this time. The current project I'm working on is with XP Pro for the moment putting things on hold. From there what does and won't run on Vista will be sorted out like Camstudio.

I first give that a try on the XP Pro installation first to see if it will work there for a few games like Half Life 2, Prey, and a few others. Game Cam was first needed for extracting screen shots from Fear since there was no option for capture in the game itself. Pressing the F8 or Prntscrn keys did nothing there. I've pondered on pointing a camcorder at the lcd screen itself to make some clips. You know where thet went. :p