Video Card

cole_e

New Member
Hey CF, I'm looking for some assistance with video cards/motherboards/processors/power supplies.

I have a 2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor.

I have a ASUSTek Computer INC. NARRA 1.01 motherboard

I would like to purchase an XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 video card from newegg.ca

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150369

Would this work with my motherboard and processor okay? Would I need to purchase a new power supply?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!
 
What PSU (power supply) you have now?

Change your PSU to Thermaltake Toughpower W0128RU 650W and buy ATi Radeon HD4870x2 1GB - it's still Double-GPU King but quite expensive. ATi Radeon HD4870x2 1GB should be around $280. You could think about nVidia GeForce 2x Palit 9600GT
 
Last edited:
lol, a 4870x2? double gpu king? yah right, its a decent card but that thing generates to much heat and takes to much power, the newer ati's are a much better choice, but the OP wasn't even asking for that powerful of a card, he was asking what around in the sub 120$ range...


The 4770 is the best budget card atm...

Its a great card for the price, i think you should stick with that.
 
But the newer ATi Radeons aren't even close to $120. And HD4870x2 at least WAS a double-GPU King. I think it was late October / start of November. It might take much power and generate a lot of heat, but there is a solution to cool it down. Let's say Scythe Musashi which I am using right now. Two 100mm fans, even at full speed I cannot hear anything and I am seriously "allergic" to noise as it comes to PCs
 
Last edited:
Hey CF, I'm looking for some assistance with video cards/motherboards/processors/power supplies.

I have a 2.20 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor.

I have a ASUSTek Computer INC. NARRA 1.01 motherboard

I would like to purchase an XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 video card from newegg.ca

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150369

Would this work with my motherboard and processor okay? Would I need to purchase a new power supply?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays!

Okay, I did a significant amount more research.

I've got a 300w power supply, and I need a 450w to run this card. So far I'm looking at 3 different power supplies on Newegg, plus the one that Analizer reccomended. Here are the links:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371004

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339012&cm_re=HEC-_-17-339-012-_-Product

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817339025&cm_re=HEC-_-17-339-025-_-Product

Better then a 4770, but a few bucks more.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130513
or
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...iption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Power Supply.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817189005
 
Back
Top