Video Clips...

Tha Killa

Does anyone know of any programs that can make clips out of movies? (avi. and other types) Or maybe a program that just makes a movie of what you do on your computer.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Does anyone know of any programs that can make clips out of movies? (avi. and other types)

Do you mean like take an excerpt from a movie or..? You can take excerpts from longer clips (avi files) in VirtualDUB, and split up mpgs in TMPGEnc (I'll give instructions if this is the required effect).

Or maybe a program that just makes a movie of what you do on your computer.

A lot of people use a program called Fraps for recording purposes, especially for things like gaming.

http://www.fraps.com/

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
FRAPS only works for a D3D/OGL environment i think. For windows, look up something like Hypercam, EOVideo, HS Videocapture etc

Tha Killa

With Vitual Dub, how do I take clips from a big movie? For example, the movie is 1 hour long, and I wanted the part of the video that is from the 30 min point, to 34 min point. How do I take that part out/make a clip from it?

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Thanks for that Praetor, I'm not really into that kind of thing :eek:

.avi
To take excerpts from bigger clips, use VirtualDUB http://www.virtualdub.org/ Download and extract, and run VirtualDub.exe. Go open video file, and browse to the file. Hold shift and drag the pointer thing across the line to get to the start point of what you want to take out. Hit 'Home' to set that as the start. Again hold shift and drag along to the end keyframe, and hit 'End'. Click Video>Direct Stream Copy and Audio>Direct Stream Copy. Click File>Save as AVI, select location and filename and click save, and wait for it to finish.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
To Merge Clips

Once again, assuming .avi

In VirtualDUB, click File>Open video file... and browse to the location of the first clip you want, to start it off.

To add another, click File>Append AVI segment... and browse for the next clip. Repeat as necessary (and each time they go onto the end of the clip so add them in order you want them to be).

Then, once again, click File>Save as AVI... browse to the desired location and give it a suitable filename.