video to pc

cyras21

How do I get video from the "tape" to the PC. I've tried using the USB and I Link but both just want to capture new video instead of transfering. I have a sony DCR-TRV 460 sony isn't much help

Holiday

I've tried using the USB and I Link but both just want to capture new video instead of transferring.
Is the camera set to live or play back\VCR.

maybe the camera is set that USB = web cam maybe you need to change it good luck,
got to go!

cyras21

lot's of questions....the cam has both a fire wire and usb connection. with the usb connection in play/edit mode i'm using the supplied software "picture package" with the firewire i'm using ULead. it's a digital hi8 cam. with the picture package software i'm able to transfer the video to the pc but only as a "MTV" like video. i have to select the style, music, speed, and so on and it splits the video to match the music. Ulead only seems to have a capture option and no export. any ideas?

Holiday

Ulead only seems to have a capture option and no export. any ideas?
I'm not quite sure what you mean but I’ll give it a shot, and I'm not familiar with Ulead,
but with all the software I use I have to use the capture option, and a FI-WI,
the Camera plays the video and out puts it through the Fi-Wi and the pc captures it . :)

cyras21

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but what I mean is... I put the cam in play/edit mode and there's no way to use the software to retrieve the video from the tape. If I place the cam in "tape" mode it caputers what ever is being viewd at the time.

blackpepper

go to capture video,, but im not sure if a camera hooked up through usb will be detected or cabable of this. if i understand what you originally asked , i think a tv card with composite video in would work. you would plug the cam into the vid in, and start using the cam regularly, then to record to your harddrive, you would press the record button on the viewing software you tv card came with. you would also be able to record live tv, playback video from devices onto your monitor, and if u wanted, record them.

13Telman13

How can I grab video from computer screen?! For example I want to make moovie, how I play FIFA 2005. How can I do it? Please help me if you can!

Geoff

VIP Member
13Telman13 said:
How can I grab video from computer screen?! For example I want to make moovie, how I play FIFA 2005. How can I do it? Please help me if you can!

for that, you need a program called FRAPS, which can record whatever your doing on the computer (it can also do many other things), and it has sound. Althugh the trial can only record 30sec of video, the full version can record however long you want it to.