viewing computer temp

elmer91

my computer has been shutting off recently, and i am thinking it is due to it being to hot. i want to know if there is a program that can show me what my hottest temp shown has been, along with the lowest, and if he could tell me what the temp was if it shuts off. when ever it does shut off, i am never looking at the temp i am getting from speedfan.

i downloaded speedfan to monitor it, and these are my averages
when it is just sitting there, nothing running: 46C
on the internet(forums, facebook, etc): 48-52C
watching a video on youtube:60C

i noticed once that it was at 63C for a few seconds, then shut off.

Jamin43

banned
i noticed once that it was at 63C for a few seconds, then shut off.

That temp shouldn't shut off your PC.

When I finished building my PC - I was stress testing my quad core with P95 and all 4 cores maxed out at 80 degrees for 2 hours without a problem of shut down.

elmer91

That temp shouldn't shut off your PC.

When I finished building my PC - I was stress testing my quad core with P95 and all 4 cores maxed out at 80 degrees for 2 hours without a problem of shut down.

my computer is a toshiba satellite a-205 model. it has had nothing done to it, so would that still be a temp for it to shut off at? and the processor is Intel Core Duo T5550.

bomberboysk

my computer is a toshiba satellite a-205 model. it has had nothing done to it, so would that still be a temp for it to shut off at? and the processor is Intel Core Duo T5550.

Hmm, you could be overheating at those temps, but i would start by clearing out and dust from the fans and then seeing if it still happens..

AlienMenace

To bad it is a laptop, on a desk top I would tell to re-grease the cpu with thermal compound. Do you or are you using a laptop cooler, that can draw some heat away from the laptop,