vista ultimate x32 downgrade to home premium x32

Strokes

New Member
A while ago my dad took my laptop into work and had some IT guy upgrade my hp dv6000 laptop from vista home premium to ultimate. I have the crappy 32 bit version and with ultimate x32 the HP BIOS update wont work. So if I bought a vista home premium disc would ultimate let me downgrade it.
The HP site said if I had the 64 bit version it would work, Is there a way to upgrade a 32 to 64 bit...
or manually install the BIOS...
or... is there a generic BIOS for laptops that would work.

The reason I want my BIOS updated is because i know it can help with some performance issues and make my laptop run a whole lot better.
Thanks.
 
If you upgrade to vista 64 you will have to reinstall windows so you would lose everything you didn't save.
No there isnt a generic bios for laptops you will have to use the correct update for the correct mobo
 
Reformat then Install what ever os you want. You will lose all data, pictures, music, video etc. Unless you back up onto a cd, external hard drive, thumb drive, etc.
 
Back
Top