Want new system for $1,000

crypter

I have searched around a bit but would like some advice so please, any input is appricated.

budget $800-$1,000 for a complete system

The comp needs to be able to be shipped to UK

This is primarialy gameing PC so it should be amd just for a little bit faster for gameing right?

The top game that will be played is probally battlefield 2 ( i hope 1,000 is enough to spend for a pc to own this game )

Just want best bang for buck(dont care bout brand names)

I need everything: keyboard speakers 17"monitor ect...

thanks again in advance for replies :cool:

NyRoN

you may be able to get the deal you need on ebay...

doubt if you can get a complete gaming system for $1000 from a company like Gateway or HP...etc

4W4K3

VIP Member
Are you not able to build it yourself? An entire gaming computer can be had for ~$800 that should play BF2 easily. The other ~$200 can buy you a decent CRT monitor (or small LCD) and mouse/keyboard/cheaper speakers.

Most packaged gaming computers run $1200 where i look, and thats a tad over your price. A $1000 pre-built with monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, operating system will probably not be as good as what you could personally build.

lilm3boi

SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
Dimension 8400 (System Identifier E6RTK392)
Dimension 8400 Desktop: Pentium 4 Processor 630 with HT Technology (3GHz, 800 FSB / 2MB)
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
System Price $999.00
Promotion Discount ($160.00)
Discounted Price $839.00

Dell recommends Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Memory: 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 400 MHz (2 DIMM)
Floppy Drive: No Floppy Drive
Hard Disk Drive: 250 GB EIDE SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Video: 256MB Nvidia GeForce 6800 Graphics Card
Modem: 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (D) Card w/Dolby 5.1, and IEEE 1394 capability
DVD Drive: 16X DVD ROM Drive
16x DVD +/- RW w/dbl layer write capability

That would suit you nicely. Go to dell.com and go to dell outlet. Enjoy.

ripken2004

dell sells almost everywhere, they are the top computer manufacturer in the world, but i still wouldnt buy from them, they only sell intel

Platinum

Build your own system, you're better off. Since you only have a budget of $1,000, it's going to be tight, so only buy good parts that are crucial for running games efficiently. Buy a decent Vid card and a decent amount of ram. For a hard drive, buy like 60 gigs, or if its strictly for gaming, even less, like 40. If you're really into gaming, you're going to depend on sound as well. Stick with a headset, such as the DSP-500s, which have a built in sound card, it's USB as well. That'll take some money off, instead of buying a good sound card. Just buy a CD-ROM drive, not a burner. A good site for this stuff is www.PriceWatch.com - very low prices. You can also stick with OEM parts, keeping the prices lower.

BobThebuilder

I'd build an AMD machine.

I am personally building the following..

AMD 64 3500 or 3800
6800 GT 256mb 8x agp
2 gb Kingston pc 3200
DVD Player
CD-RW Burner
550 Power Supply
120 G/B Maxtor Hard Drive

Gonna cost me about 900 or so..

hudihoo

well NyRoN i said that about dell and got kicked out of another forum (geekstogo.com) they suck as well
back to the forum i would definitly go with amd 64 3500 is nice a gig of ram should be fine and for now you can also get a smaller harddrive around 80 gigs or so. When you can afford more stuff later you can always upgrade ram and harddrive with ease you won't have to get rid of the old stuff. Now you should have the mobo processor and video card cost the majority. If you go with the 6800gt 256mb vid card you could probably still get away playing newer games with only 512 ram. As i said you can always get more ram later. only get what you need now.

bedofrazors

its really stupid to even look into buying a packaged deal from dell or hp or whatever for any kind of desktop (only laptops cause you cant really build a better laptop from scratch like you can a pc) for one those companies are so proprietary that even a simple upgrade is made very hard or impossible. if you just build a computer yourself or get a non name brand package deal such as systemax you will get a super high quality pc for a MUCH lower price, plus no big brand name bullshit. you can make the modifications you want without any hidden namebrand bug stopping you. some people may get dells or hp cause they dont know what it takes to build a pc and they want the tech support and stuff. well there are places like globalcomputer.com that make it really easy to build your own computer online and have it shipped to you just the way you want it without the costy name on the front of the case. anyone can do it... save yourself a little money and a ton of hastle by staying away from namebrand desktops.

bedofrazors

hudihoo said:
well NyRoN i said that about dell and got kicked out of another forum (geekstogo.com) they suck as well
back to the forum i would definitly go with amd 64 3500 is nice a gig of ram should be fine and for now you can also get a smaller harddrive around 80 gigs or so. When you can afford more stuff later you can always upgrade ram and harddrive with ease you won't have to get rid of the old stuff. Now you should have the mobo processor and video card cost the majority. If you go with the 6800gt 256mb vid card you could probably still get away playing newer games with only 512 ram. As i said you can always get more ram later. only get what you need now.

you shouldnt only get what you need now.. its a waste because by the time you get this stuff you will be disappointed with it and only be needing an upgrade.. just buy the higher end stuff instead of waiting. besides, you can get a bigger HD and more ram for just a little bit more apposed to buying it twice for no reason. like you buy an 80gb hd for like $70 when you could have had a 250gb for just $30 more and same with ram. just spend a little extra and you will have to upgrade less often. a place where you can cut money is just using your old keyboard/mouse and monitor. a monitor is really expensive. if you just spend about $800 on your comp and you will have a little more breathing room on your budget also when you are adding up your stuff dont forget about your huge shipping rate, probably over $100. just hold off till you get more cash for a monitor. there are good deals on monitors at stores and on ebay, no need to pay full price for one right away. plus shipping on a monitor is a bitch, so just get one at a store and save yourself the $50 in shipping.