Web Hosting & E-mail

h364

Hi guys,

I have a subscription with one.com web hosting, and used there templates to build a personal website. This was around two years ago, and since then i've learnt how to build one from scratch in say DreamWeaver. I'm going to cancel my subscription, and build the new website in my sparetime, once i've done this, i'm going to upload using FTP.

My question is, i got my own e-mail domains with the account, and i really want to keep those, as i can use the pop accounts with my iPone, and Mail etc, opposed to say a hotmail account. Is there any way to keep those e-mail addresses, or anyothers that allow free accounts, but with .pop accounts?

PohTayToez

Well, in order to "upload using FTP" you have to have a host to upload it to. Unless you plan to host it yourself (not a great idea if you plan on getting any decent amount of traffic on the website), you're going to have to pay for some sort of hosting service.

You should be able to transfer your domain name to whatever hosting service you choose, and it would be fairly simple to set up the email accounts and access them via POP.