Webcam help

jllotz1

Hi all,
I'm brand new here, but have a question about using a webcam. My father in law has DSL, and so do I. He lives in a rural area with lots of wildlife, and I want to put a webcam outside his house so I can watch wildlife on his property from my house 30 miles away.
I know it can be done, but how do I go about doing it? Also, are there "weatherproof" cameras on the market?
Thanks!!!

jllotz1

What I need help with the most is...how will I be able to view the camera at his house from my house? How do we configure the camera to make that possible?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
well you need to buy 2 webcams, hook them up on the computer. Install the drivers that came with the webcam. Then you'd need to use a chatting program like aim, msn or something like that and activate its webcam feature. Then you can see through his webcam. However the quality of webcames aren't that great unless you buy a really good one.

Qlutch

There are some programs out there, such as Easy Free Webcam and WebcamXP, that allow you to host a live video stream from your webcam across the internet.