webCam Project

sup2jzgte

Ok this is my first post and Im not sure if this is in the proper forum or not, but if not, mods could you please move this to the proper location? Here is what Im wondering. I have a few Security cameras just hanging around and to be honest with you I have a TON of free time on my hands right now and I enjoy tinkering with things. Now these cameras use an S-Video cable to operate, so Im wondering if it is at all possible to make these into webcams. Now I know that Im going to have to find an interface, but Im not sure where to start or look, as I said before I dont know if this is even possible. I know I can just go and buy a webcam, but I would much rather use these camera's if I can, because they have been just gathering dust in my basement for the past year or so. Im thinking I will probably have to convert it to USB, but I truely have no clue. so any help would be great :)

lee101

VIP Member
hmm, i would say it is possible, you will need an s-video to usb adaptor for each camera, but it is going to cost soo much more than just buying webcams, personally i would just put them up an ebay and get some cash, it all seems too much trouble and money just to create them into webcams which can be purchased cheaply anyway