What Bullsh*t!!!!

The Astroman

I just got this game, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, (online game) but frequently, i get this annoying "Connection Interrupted" text and I have to connect to another server, all of them giving me the same text over and over again... I have 600 KBPS ADSL connection... Where's the problem???

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Not enough info
2. Overheating modem/nic?
3. Stupid firewall?
4. Bad server?
5. DSL in general? (DSL has a way of "giving you a new IP at the most annoying of times")

4W4K3

VIP Member
sounds like a firewall issue. i used to get disconnected all the time on counter strike and games liek that. check out your connection, turn off your firewall (if you really think its safe...i never had a problem just disabling it while i played games). and maybe call your ISP if you cant figure it out and tell them your connection is always shorting out and you need a new one. depending on your plan and all that you could just get a new one installed for free...not 100% sure though.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why would a firewall disconnect you halfway through a game though? (unless its the DSL changing IP thingy but that would cause a disconnect in and of itsefl)

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Why would a firewall disconnect you halfway through a game though? (unless its the DSL changing IP thingy but that would cause a disconnect in and of itsefl)

well im not sure about his. but as far as i could tell mine disconnected me cuz of bad language in game / someone trying to share files (maps,hacks, game stuff) or sometimes it would just messup and close my connection from the network therefore i lost internet connection. this was a few years ago...probably a cheapo software firewall...cuz i have a different brand now and its a hardware firewall. dont have problems online anymore.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
cuz of bad language in game / someone trying to share files (maps,hacks, game stuff)
The maps part makes sense but bad-language? LOL "Goddamn ****in n00bs D13!!!!" ... *disconnect* :D

4W4K3

VIP Member
Praetor said:
The maps part makes sense but bad-language? LOL "Goddamn ****in n00bs D13!!!!" ... *disconnect* :D

yah a word filter. my server can log and scan everything i type, even if i just sit at desktop and hit keys. if it shows im online and people are swearing then it can disconnect me if the feature is actually on. its never on though cuz i go to lots of forums and stuff where people swear. its funny though cuz i can type sumthin up at the desktop to my dad and he can read it in his office, without me even really typing anything.

Fox

In Enemy Territory there's a program called Punk Buster which is used to prevent cheating, maybe downloading the most recent version will help.