What case and power supply should i get

GimpsGTP

Heres the setup im getting, what kind of case and power supply do i need, what are the better brands of power supplies, how many watts do i need?
Pentium 4 3.0C
ASUS P4S800 motherboard
512 Ram
200 GB HD
256 MB Video

What should i be looking for. is there such thing as having too many watts.
Nick

Tha Killa

Hmm sounds like you need a good power supply. (uh not sure how many watts, lol) Oh and I don't think you can overpower your computer, it just uses as much power as it needs, and if you don't have enough power, well then, its gonna be messed up.

GimpsGTP

anyone else? i have been looking a little is thermaltake a good brand? what other brands are good? and again, how many watts should i be looking at
Nick

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
should I be looking for. is there such thing as having too many watts.
No because if you dont need them you wont use them. Two PSUs stand out tho, the Antec TruPower480 and the OCZ Powerstream 520

geranimo://

The case doesnt really matter, just make sure the airflow is good with some fans, and you can pick any case you like, its gotta be big enough too ;)

Tha Killa

GimpsGTP said:
anyone else? i have been looking a little is thermaltake a good brand? what other brands are good? and again, how many watts should i be looking at
Nick

I heard that Thermaltake is a good brand, but I haven't used it myself so I would n't for it for a fact.

GimpsGTP

Praetor said:
No because if you dont need them you wont use them. Two PSUs stand out tho, the Antec TruPower480 and the OCZ Powerstream 520

How about something a little less pricey? im not cheap but thats kinda alot for just the power supply. Thanks
Nick

GimpsGTP

what one would you pick?

Just about ready to pick my supply, what one would you go with, or would you prefer something else.
P4 3.0
512 Ram
DVD/cd burner burner
256MB video

1.Thermaltake W0013 Silent Purepower 480W with Silver housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply
55.00 $US

2.Antec 430W Power Supply, Model "TRUE430" -RETAIL
70.50$US

3.Thermaltake Silent PurePower, 420W ATX power supply.UL, CSA, TUV, CE Approved. Intel Pentium 4 Compliant
36.00 $US one day sale

Nick

krazykarl

the turbogamer modded 500w PSUs, are nice, they arent too expensive, not a big brand, but ive found it to be reliable and high quailty enough. i found it for $90CDN on NCIX.

SlothX311

GimpsGTP said:
1.Thermaltake W0013 Silent Purepower 480W with Silver housing - Xaser Edition ATX 2-Fan Power Supply
55.00 $U

I have this supply in my file server, very good bang for the buck... :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
55.00 $US

2.Antec 430W Power Supply, Model "TRUE430" -RETAIL
70.50$US
The Antec although for reasons that make it almost a moot point for damn near everyone. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I heard that Thermaltake is a good brand, but I haven't used it myself so I would n't for it for a fact
They make very nice PSUs overall :)

How about something a little less pricey? im not cheap but thats kinda alot for just the power supply. Thanks
Define less pricey (although to me you cant put a price on system stability). The TruePower480s arent that expensive :)