What do you guys think about this HP Compaq Presario R4125US Athlon 64 15.4" ATI RADE

Twits

So I'm off for college soon. I'm wondering if this laptop is cheap for its specifications.
What do you guys think ?
All replies are appreciated. Thnx. :D

DCIScouts

VIP Member
It ultimately depends on what you plan to do with the computer. Laptops are nice if you think you will want to use it outside of your room. But you lose a lot of capability and power, mainly in a gaming capacity. One major point that I need to bring up is that the memory for your graphics card is SHARED. AKA, that 128MB for the video RAM is actually 128MB off of the system RAM, giving you only 384MB of system RAM. Once you get it I would go get another stick of RAM, but other than that it's a pretty darn good computer for the price. One more thing, that monitor on it is really good for movies and such, major upgrade from a standard laptop monitor...

ripken2004

u wont be able to game good with it b/c of the vid card, i have a 320m in mine and the laptops 3 yrs old, urs is coming with a 200m!

but it does have a vry nice hdd
excellent cpu
but plz go and buy a gig of ram to put in it
also get the ati igp cat 5.7 drivers for its

alanuofm

VIP Member
Twits said:
So I'm off for college soon. I'm wondering if this laptop is cheap for its specifications.
What do you guys think ?
All replies are appreciated. Thnx. :D

battery life is really bad with desktop processors in a laptop. that shared memory video card is not at all for gaming. also a slow hard drive. thats too expensive. i configured a laptop yesterday for around 1000 and it had a geforce 6800 with a pentium M 1.86.