what do you guys think of this camera?

Geoff

VIP Member
Well I can't speak for the S5 IS, but I have the S3 IS which is practically identical except it's a 6.0MP and a few minor differences.

I really like my camera, for the basics I love the 12x optical zoom, the ability to use traditional AA batteries, image stabilization, etc. Here are a few shots I took with it so you can judge, although the S5 would yield a bit better results because of it's higher resolution.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b154/geoff5093/Digital Photography Photos/Landscapes/

One of the few cons I found while using it is that the quality it produces in darker scenes isn't that good, and you can see a fair amount of static. However on images that are bright, and especially images of green and blue (forest and water for instance), look outstanding.

TEKKA

Thanks for the reply.
Pictures look great, how do you go on battery life.
and any other cons?

thanks Blake.

Geoff

VIP Member
Thanks for the reply.
Pictures look great, how do you go on battery life.
and any other cons?

thanks Blake.
Battery life is awesome, I use rechargeable AA's (I think they're around 2500MhA?) They easily last several hundred pictures, and I rarely have to recharge them in between day-long photo shoots. But as I said before, a big plus is that you can buy a spare 4-pack of AA batteries and bring them with you, so when it does die you're not out of luck.