What do you think..?

tomb08uk

Hi, I am considering purchasing a new digital camera. The one I was looking at was the Olympus SP500 and I am just questioning if any one here has this camera and if so, what they think.

Also if anyone does have this camera, and have some photos to show me which have been taken with the camera that would be even better. Ideally scenic ones but any type will do.

Tom

computerhakk

VIP Member
that camera has had good reviews and in my opinions is a pretty good camera. it also depends on how much u are getting it for.

for picture qualities and samples, you can check with dpreview or steves digicams.

tomb08uk

computerhakk said:
that camera has had good reviews and in my opinions is a pretty good camera. it also depends on how much u are getting it for.

for picture qualities and samples, you can check with dpreview or steves digicams.
Thanks for reply. Now have the camera... It seems very good, just got to get used to it now..

computerhakk

VIP Member
Great. You shop quick:). Well, the camera is only as good as the photographer... So if I was you, I'd make plans for a tripod if it supports it.

tomb08uk

computerhakk said:
Great. You shop quick:). Well, the camera is only as good as the photographer... So if I was you, I'd make plans for a tripod if it supports it.
Well not mine, its my parents. And purchased from my work so easy to do that. Yes for macro and photographs of people and well any photo, a tripod is good. Im looking at getting a new camera myself sometiume.

Any other advice...

Last edited:

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Have you looked through the Digital Camera 101 located in this forum? Beyond that, I would go around and see what feels good in you hands. And try not to be biased against one brand or another, Canon, Olympus, Sony, Kodak and Nikon all make very good cameras... :)