What is the Best anti-virus ?

P

Perham

what anti virus is the best

it shouldn't make my windows slower and also it should be the best!

cykx

Best antivirus ? There is no best anti virus. This topic has been discussed before, gave the same opinion as before. Check out Grisoft.com. They have AVG Free Edition, its kept my pc out of harms. It doesnt stop me from screwin stuff up, or running un wanted material on there but its good.

dansilva

i was looking for an ideal anti virus recently and did some research but there isn't such thing as 'the best anti virus' i have used both Norton and Trend Micro Pc-cillin. Norton is good but it's slows ur computer down coz it uses alot resources. once i installed pc-cillin 2004 i havent had since also there were no slowing down. so i am still using pc cillin just to scan my pc once in a while.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ya this has been discussed b4...

Norton is good but it's slows ur computer down coz it uses alot resources.

Not really fair to say... I guess it depends on the system but the average system such as mine does not feel any hit at all and I mean AT ALL. If I where to uninstal Norton today I would not notice the difference.

Fankango

i have Norton antivirus 2003 and it does not slow my computer down, I really like it too. when i download files and they have a virus it lets me know and gets rig of it. like everyone is saying there is no "best" virus scan but a way to make one the best -- well as best as it gets-- is just keep up with scaning every week and updating the program. Are you asking because you have a virus problem or just asking to for info?

Verrona

My personal opinion is that, Norton Internet Security is the best (from experience). I have tried most anti virsus programs. NIS is good because its antivirsus updates are done everyday, unlike conventional anti virsus's which is usually every 30 days.

NIS doesn't slow pc down really, in fact i dont really notice its there! Other programs mite do the job but if u want free software then go 4 it but i'd rather pay a one off fee and know that i'm safe and secure!

The choice my friend is yours..

http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/