What is the problem with my computer???

Lolka

New Member
Hi
My computer:
- 3 ghz pentium4
- nvidia gforce 8600GT 512 mb
- 1.5 gig RAM
- OS: Windows XP

Is this so bad for games like Counter Strike: Source and Team Fortress 2???
I happened to own those two games and both of them is running with very low FPS. I think that i should get normal FPS at least with low graphic settings but no. Is my computer too bad for these games?? Because its more than enough for the minimum requirements.
PLS HELP!!!:confused:
 
So I have downloaded hw monitor and it says that my video card is around 67-68C° and there is something else called maxor something which is 51-54 C°.
I dont know if its too warm or not...
 
That's pretty hot. Is that what it reads during a game, or at idle?

Maxtor is a brand of hard drives. Seagate bought them out, if I remember correctly.

edit: The temps you showed translate to around 155ºF for the video card, 124-129ºF for what is apparently the hard drive, and 140ºF for ACPI. Is there dust in your computer?
 
I had a giant cooling problem in my PC that I fixed today. Directly related to Source games. The hotter it is, the worse source games will run, my GPU was running at 110 degrees when Source would actually give this giant black screen error. I broke a fan connector. So, it could be heating. Monitor heat when you play. Also, try this program and put the fan speed to 100%.

http://www.evga.com/PRecision/

Plus, your computer is due for a replacement soon.
 
i have cleaned my computer but there was nothing serious in it.
So I have turned on my computer and the first thing was that I have checked the temperature and it says that ACPI is 139 F video card is 143 F and maxtor is 100 F.
I dont think that it can be this hot in the first minute as I turn on the computer so I think that there is something wrong with this temperature program. Pls correct me if i am wrong.
And its on idle not during playing.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top