What is this called?

colinstu

I plan on buying some old computers (not super old, has the rectangle plate with ports on back).

Buy some new motherboards, CPUs, memory, HDs, PSUs, and cd-rom drives.
Take out all the stuff in the old computer (except the floppydrive) and put the new stuff in and sell the new computer.

Is this called something?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
not super old, has the rectangle plate with ports on back).
Unless im misunderstanding you... this encompases most computers

Take out all the stuff in the old computer (except the floppydrive) and put the new stuff in and sell the new computer.
Just make sure the specs line up (for the casing etc)

Is this called something?
For you, upgrading. For the customer, selling.

Don't Hack!!!

Why on earth would you do that? If you goona buy all that for the old when then jsut buy a new atx case which looks alot better then the old cases and a cheap floppy drive. trust me you'll make more money in the end. Cuase not only can u tell them its New but it'll look more appealing then those old cases

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Why on earth would you do that? If you goona buy all that for the old when then jsut buy a new atx case which looks alot better then the old cases and a cheap floppy drive. trust me you'll make more money in the end. Cuase not only can u tell them its New but it'll look more appealing then those old cases
Yes but some people (1) dont want a bloody floppy drive and (2) dont give a crap what the case looks like cause its the system that counts not how pretty it is

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes indeed but its neccesary to make sure you get an ATX case instead of an AT one (unless that's specifically what you are looking for)