What is Wrong with my PC?

Whisper91

Specs in signature for ref.

Alright, so when I first bought this PC, I was ecstatic! But now, I am scratching my head wondering what the heck is happening?

Here are the problems that are happening:

During FSX, I am dealing with crashes almost every flight I do (or let me rephrase that... every flight I try to do)

When I turn it back on the PC after sleep mode, the PC turns on, except the monitor, it acts as if the whole computer is asleep but yet the whole case and everything (fans including) are on.

Sometimes the PC won't even start up.

I would like to point out that in the recent week, I had about 3 power blips (completely turned power off and on). So my PC was on when those blips happened, could these problems be attributed to the power blips?

One last thing, I have my PC on the floor, and when I have something plugged in to the USB ports, sometimes I accidentally pull them out too quickly and it rips out and now the inside of the USB ports are mangled. Could I buy new ports and replace that front? Or no?

I hope anyone out there can help on some or all the problems,
Thanks!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
With having the power go out and back on like that, you now most likely have errors on the HDD and it needs to be scanned with the hard drive makers disk diagnostic utility. And it seems you have more damage somewhere. What the system plugged into a surge protector?