What memory brand do i need for my Canon SD200?

newbie2005

I have a Canon SD200 digital camera. It comes with only 16 MB memory. I feel the need for more. Ok, so i am a newbie in digital camera. I really don't know the compatible memory brand for this camera.

I'm thinking about getting 1 GB. There's this thing called "CompactFlash memory"...and also something called "SD memory". Which is the right one? What would be a reasonable price?

Can you folks help? Thanks.

- P.S. do you folks know where can I get free promotion codes?

Last edited:

Johnnyboy0056

all you have to do is look on the card that came with the camera...that will tell you which mem to get....i think hes right tho....its sd. double check urself tho....and brand isnt much difference....u got a great camera..thats the major issue....and amount of pixels is key...for your info....you may not need a gig of mem. a 512 sd card is going to hold about 500 pics with a 4 megapixel camera.

newbie2005

There was no manual, no cd-rom. This is an OEM.
I was wondering if the Sandisk is the best memory brand for this camera, or maybe the PNY brand.

Johnnyboy0056

i have 2 pny cards for my digital camera.....take em to the store and they print clear every time....excellent pictures..sandisk and pny are pretty close....u want the ebst...look at the kodak cards. otherwise, its up to you.

newbie2005

Does it make a huge difference if i use the 1 GB Sandisk Ultra II secure digital card, instead of the regular 1 GB Sandisk secure digital card?

It is said that the Ultra II can transfer 10 MB/sec. Does that make my Canon SD200 camera return to the "ready mode" (after shooting a picture) faster?

Johnnyboy0056

the write speed on the regular 1gb card is 32X...on the ultra II it is 60X, so its going to write to the card about half the time as the other.

price difference.......about 20 dollars

4W4K3

VIP Member
Go with the Ultra II, i think the $20 difference is worth it. especially if your camera shoots live vdeo or large resolution shots. Waiting sucks.

krimson_king

dude, all you have to do is LOOK AT THE SHAPE of the card...CF and SD are totally different size AND shape. oh, and go with san disk if it doesnt really matter to you. and yea, for regular old picture taking, you wont notice anything different with the ultra...if you get into changing shutter speed, it takes usually as long as the shutter was open to write it. for example, you set it to 8 seconds. shutter opens...8 seconds...closes...then writes for another 8 seconds. get the ultra, it might only take 4. not an amazing feat, but if you dont have the patience for four seconds, its a no brainer.

krimson_king

im like that with every forum...ill bombard a topic ten days later or whatever, and ill to it to several topics...sort of like bingeing

Xycron

banned
krimson_king said:
im like that with every forum...ill bombard a topic ten days later or whatever, and ill to it to several topics...sort of like bingeing

Why don't you just look at the date, and if its old don't post...

Also shutterspeed shouldn't have to do with the wtire speed after, the shutting speed is just to expose light longer/shorter amounts of time.

Xycron

banned
krimson_king said:
oh, im sorry...am i wasting your time?

Its no big deal, I was just sayin', but extra posts like THAT ONE you just made I have to say are a waste of my time.