What Memory to use

bug_n_67

New Member
Is it a big deal not to use any of the memory that is listed in the manual that comes with your motherboard. I'm using the Asus P7P55D Pro and I was thinking of using the
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
or
CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
both state they are good for the i5, but they aren't listed in the book. So is it fine to use one of these.

John
 
I've never had any issue with corsair memory in any the asus boards i've had and they weren't on the compatibility chart.
 
Same here. The one listed as supported are ones that they just have tested. Doesnt mean that other memory will not work. I dont even pay attention to it. I bet most of the memory I,ve bought over the years wasnt even on the supported list.

Always seemed to me, they should list the ones that (are not) supported as far as memory goes.
 
On my Asus board the memory i'm using is on the qualified vendors list, but then again thats just a different board.
 
Back
Top