What monitor for rtx 3070?

michalgnor

Hello, I wanted to ask you a question specifying also my preferences so you could choose (you who are perhaps more experienced than me) the best thing to do.
I built a pc with an rtx 3070. But i don't have a monitor yet, i'm using a tv.
My preferences are:
-I play a lot, I love seeing high fps and having good image and video quality. I played horizon zero dawn on the tv (and I loved it figuratively with a serious monitor).
  • i want play high resolution also for next game in this years.
  • I don't need to turn on ray tracing
-I want the video card to last at least 3-4 years.
-I often edit and montage my videos in high quality. Use photoshop and sony vegas

Choosing which monitor can I go to?
1080p with 240hz? 1080p with 144hz? 1440p?
the 2k I don't know if the video card kills me in 2 years, so I ask you experts.

If you have clear ideas, could you also link me to the monitor to choose? budget limit 500/600 euros.

LAST OPTION: (but this is just my idea and I would like your comment, first answer the first question ahahaha)
I had a crazy idea, as I had some budget left over, to sell my rtx 3070 and upgrade to a 3080, but would it be worth it?
Thanks a lot to those who help me to make my ideas clear, greetings.

Intel_man

VIP Member
1440p at 144hz should be doable on that budget.

Definitely look for something that fits within the following
  • 27" 1440p
  • IPS
  • G-Sync (ultimate is preferred, but compatible should be fine)
Since you've mentioned euros, where abouts are you at specifically? Might narrow down a few stores to help you look at something local/national.

michalgnor

1440p at 144hz should be doable on that budget.

Definitely look for something that fits within the following
  • 27" 1440p
  • IPS
  • G-Sync (ultimate is preferred, but compatible should be fine)
Since you've mentioned euros, where abouts are you at specifically? Might narrow down a few stores to help you look at something local/national.
Italy, I come from Italy

Intel_man

VIP Member
Hmm Italy... not too familiar with the computer store crowd in Italy.

When in doubt, amazon.it will probably have some monitor selections there.

Something like these monitors (not neccessarily limited to these only, but food for thought.)