What processor size and ram is needed to run dual monitor ????

Hello Guys,
I am new to this forum, I am not a big computer guy. So I bought a couple all in one desktops this morning from Costco I thought the processor size and ram could handle dual monitor. After connecting a second monitor via J5create adapter it was verrryyy laggy I did not even feel like using the computer.

The computer I bought was the one below

https://www.costco.com/HP-23.8"-Tou...7th-Gen-AMD-A9---1080p.product.100415033.html

With that said, can you guys guide me through the correct direction
-What processor would be ideal to run dual monitors ? (I use my computers for real estate websites like the MLS and Podio)
-What ram is ideal to run about 6-9 tabs at a time max ?? Usually we only have about 4 open

Goal is for the future to have dual monitors running flawlessly and my computer connected to my VOIP office phone, when the phone rings for the CRM system Podio to pull up the lead on the screen. Can someone please guide me through the right path ?

C4C

#1: That computer will be sufficient to run dual monitors if it's simple web browsing or video playing. The issue could be in the adapter.

Have you tried using the HDMI out port on the computer? That should have less lag than adding another piece of equipment to your setup.

#2: 8 GB of RAM will be able to support those tabs on Google Chrome without issue.

#1: That computer will be sufficient to run dual monitors if it's simple web browsing or video playing. The issue could be in the adapter.

Have you tried using the HDMI out port on the computer? That should have less lag than adding another piece of equipment to your setup.

#2: 8 GB of RAM will be able to support those tabs on Google Chrome without issue.

I tried HDMI but it didnt work, then did it USB wise and it lagged big time.

Darren

Staff member
You definitely don't need some third party thing to run this. If you've got HDMI out of the laptop just use that. If it's not working you'll need to figure out why, either bad cable, bad config, or port is dead.

You definitely don't need some third party thing to run this. If you've got HDMI out of the laptop just use that. If it's not working you'll need to figure out why, either bad cable, bad config, or port is dead.

Thank you the all in one desktop is new bought it from Costco, I need to recheck HDMI cable. I doubt it is a dead port it is new.

For configuration.... what do I do there ?

Darren

Staff member
With the HDMI cable plugged in, right click on your desktop and go to Display Settings. It should show 2 screens in there. If it doesn't then try a different cable. If it does, you'll want to choose the option to extend your displays. Your monitor should respond in some way to it being plugged into the computer. If it doesn't respond at all and gives no signal then might be the port on the screen.

Theoretically it should just plug in the HDMI, auto detect it, and maybe tell it to extend the display. Make sure your source on the monitor is pointed at HDMI.

Reactions: C4C