What to build next? (Personal Gaming PC build)

SLIPPS

Hello!

My name is Matt, I'm an avid gamer and use my PC a lot. Bought my PC back in 2017, and it runs like a beauty. But every year they come out with new specs and parts for games and PC's, that I'd like to upgrade my experience. I was wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions for a newbies (like me) looking to upgrade a PC, or just overall looking to share 1st time or new builds.

I'll post my specifications and ask for any suggestions what I should upgrade/add/keep. Thank you!

Specs:

CPU

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-core Processor

GPU

Gigabyte RX 580 4GB

Motherboard

MSI B350M Bazooka

RAM

BALLISTIX Sport 16GB DDR4-2400

HDD

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB

PSU

Corsair VS550

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If its running smoothly for you now why even upgrade? Wait until you play something that needs more power. Other than that 3600x would be a good upgrade. Would upgrade that video card to a 6 or 8gb. Also getting faster ram would help. Possible NVME SSD

OmniDyne

You definitely need to upgrade to an SSD. I'd clone the OS to the SSD and use your Western Digital as game storage. You'll notice massive improvements from that alone.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Faster ram would be nice... Ryzen loves fast ram but I'd put that on the bottom of the list. Definitely behind a SSD and a 3600.

beers

Staff member
HD to SSD would be the biggest seat of the pants.

See how Ampere/RDNA2 pans out here in a month or two, upgrade your card and then upgrade your platform to AM5 down the line.