What to Upgrade With and When

The-Llamalizer

My current setup is in the sig, and I was wondering what I should upgrade first, and when? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wanna get another 512 RAM sometime and eventuallly a 256 MB GPU, but what of these should I get, when, and any other upgrade suggestions you guys might have. :)

Imaruki

I like Corsair XMS RAM, it's some damn fast RAM. 1GB will do wonders for just about all programs out to date. I suggest upgrading the video card first.

samuelhii_mei

Corsair' Ram!! got lifetime warrenty ??
all kingston's ram required lifetime warrenty!
graphic card--- asus GeForce FX 5950 Ultra
This fixed your current MB prefectly

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My current setup is in the sig,
Yes and you have a minor problem then ram you've spec'd isnt possible. Why? The K8VE Deluxe, like all S754 boards -- doesnt support Dual Channel. (of course its by no means a hindrance)

My current setup is in the sig, and I was wondering what I should upgrade first, and when? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wanna get another 512 RAM sometime and eventuallly a 256 MB GPU, but what of these should I get, when, and any other upgrade suggestions you guys might have.
Why? Your machine isnt obsolete ....

Corsair' Ram!! got lifetime warrenty ??
all kingston's ram required lifetime warrenty!
1. yes
2. I would never buy memory who's main advantage was "lifetime warranty" ... id rather buy memory "that works so I dont have to claim warranty" :p

This fixed your current MB prefectly
Fixed?

samuelhii_mei

I would never buy memory who's main advantage was "lifetime warranty" ... id rather buy memory "that works so I dont have to claim warranty" :p

so what is the greatest choice for the ram??

Fixed?[/QUOTE]

ya it 'fixed'!!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I screwed up my sig. The Motherboard is Asus K8VSE Deluxe or something. There's an "s" in it somewhere.
Doesnt matter. The Socket754s dont have Dual channel :)

so what is the greatest choice for the ram??
There is none. Pick whatever you like and your experience dictate.

ya it 'fixed'!!
wth do you mean fixed????

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well naturally that would have been assumed with such a modern motherboard (that hasnt been an issue unless people buy wierd/old mobos)