What type of LED is this?

FairDoos

Hiya, I want to change the colour theme of my computer from blue to red but im a bit stuck on what this type of LED is? can anyone tell me? Ive tried searching google for an answear but no look please get back to me ASAP ty =]

Here is a pic of it: LED Picture

Thanks if you can help!

Calibretto

VIP Member
I must say that the photo is of horrible quality. Are you able to take a better one? That would help out a lot.

TFT

VIP Member
My crystal gazing ball is broken at the moment :p
You really need to provide a bit better info than a crap picture if you need some help on that

just a noob

kind of looks like a surface mount led, but if you mean something that spreads it around, do you mean a fiber optic cable?

FairDoos

My crystal gazing ball is broken at the moment :p
You really need to provide a bit better info than a crap picture if you need some help on that

:l No need to be like that. If you cant help dont post? I know its a crap quality picture but thats all i can give.

dug987654

Sorry i would if i could but the best camera i have is a 5.1 MP so its crappy =[

5.1 Megapixels is a good resolution, it is 2592 x 1944 (bear in mind that HD resolution is 1920 x 1080), I had a 2 megapixel camera that took fantastic photos. The quality of the lens and image sensor are the biggest factors. If you want to do close ups you need it to be in 'macro' mode, or take a photo from far away and then crop it. Your photo is bad purely as it is not in focus. Generally, point-and-shoot digital cameras have an orange light that flashs as it is focusing, and remain lit when it is focused.

On topic, is the rectangular plastic attached to the LED, or part of it? If it is the later then I guess it is an OEM part. In this case you can get a regular LED and bodge something to carry the light to (I guess) the slot in the case.

Hope that helps, Doug.

dug987654

Also, I have just re-read your original post and seen that it isn't broken. Often changing the + and - wires around can change the colour if it is a two colour LED. Give that a try.

Doug.

bomberboysk

Whats that led for anyhow? Power Button? Because if its just in your case to light it, just replace it with a cold cathode or somethin;)

dug987654

The OP isnt talking about a bi color led, they are asking what kind of led it is so they can change it.

Yeah, but perhaps they do not need to change it, just reverse the wiring. It could of course not work like that, but trying doesn't hurt and could save hunting down what looks like to be a pretty hard-to-find part.

I am just trying to give advice based on an experience that I have had in the past that could help the OP change the colour of his LED.

Doug.

bomberboysk

Yeah, but perhaps they do not need to change it, just reverse the wiring. It could of course not work like that, but trying doesn't hurt and could save hunting down what looks like to be a pretty hard-to-find part.

I am just trying to give advice based on an experience that I have had in the past that could help the OP change the colour of his LED.

Doug.

I highly doubt its a bi color led, the op makes no mention of it flashing a different color, or even where the led was situated in the case. Which brings my question to the op again- what part of the case is the led for?