What would you get?

Bob692006

New Member
So I've got a $228 gift card to Newegg to splurge on myself and have no clue what to get. My current rig is in my sig. The only thing that isn't listed is that I'm rocking a 15" Dell monitor with a max res of 1280x1024. I'm planning on upgrading my CPU, mobo, and RAM sometime this summer to an AM3 CPU, DDR3 RAM, and a new mobo. I'm not wanting to spend the money on any of those. I was thinking about getting a new monitor, was looking at a 23" ASUS. I'm also using some $15 logitech headphones from Wal-Mart and was thinking about grabbing a pair of G35's. Anyways, let me know what you guys would do with it.
 
I'm not sure getting the g35's without a good sound card is a very good idea as you will not actually be able to hear $100+ worth of a difference. If I had your rig and had that money to splurge on I would def buy a monitor. Personally I don't know much about monitors but i would get the biggest best rates monitor for that money, unless there is some smaller item you wanted to throw in with it like maybe a flash drive if you need one or maybe even a $40 headphones or something.
 
Go take a look through some of the threads in the sound card section and you will see. I don't just mean a dedicated sound card, I mean a good dedicated sound card. I mean you will notice a difference don't get me wrong, but you won't be able to experience the full effect without a good sound card. Now you could always get them if you plan on getting a good sound card down the line. That way you will already have the headphones. But I think you would benifit more by getting you a better monitor and with the money leftover getting better headphones.

This headset is rated pretty good then it would leave you plenty money to get a good monitor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826279001
 
I think I'm going to get the monitor I linked and that ABS headset. I had actually been looking at those as well, but was a little shaky because about half the reviews managed to get faulty one's right out the box. I've got some 2.1 desktop speakers that I don't even use. I'm usually playing games while my kids are sleeping so I always use my headphones.
 
Back
Top