Which is best?

• NVIDIA 6800GT

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • ATI Radeon X800PRO

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
pretty easy :).. it's the 6800gt.. no sense in a pole that says "which is best".. It would be better to say "which would you preffer?" Because it doesn't matter if 100 people said the X800Pro is best and 1 person voted for the 6800gt to be the best.. All it would mean is that 100 people are wrong.. LOL

crypter

the GT?

this card is better than.. (GT)
ASUS nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "V9999GT/TD/128"

this more expensive card? (gamer edition)
ASUS nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card, 256MB DDR3, 256-Bit, TV-Out/DVI, 8X AGP, Model"V9999 Gamer Edition/TD/256M"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
this card is better than.. (GT)
ASUS nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "V9999GT/TD/128"
That card is a fluke and a piece of shit.

ASUS nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Video Card, 256MB DDR3, 256-Bit, TV-Out/DVI, 8X AGP, Model"V9999 Gamer Edition/TD/256M"
That *can* be a better card -- if you know how to mess around with it. In general just stay away from ASUS nV cards ... overcharged and with this debacle -- perilous.

Radeon is a better manufacturer of graphics card than NVIDIA
You'll add a lot of conviction to your comments if you got the core facts right. "Radeon" is not a manufacturer of graphics cards and never will be. "Radeon" is the model series. You'd also add some credibility if you backed up your comments.

Looks like Blue's comment is actually occuring.
Really? ;)

Now to answer the question
When I refer to 6800GT, I specifically exclude the ASUS 6800GT which is, as noted, a piece of crap.

6800GT
Pipe Config: 16x6
Clock: 350/500
Ram: 256MB 256bit GDDR3

X800Pro
Pipe Config: 12x5 and 12x6 (depends .. its supposed to be 12x6)
Clock: 475/450
Ram: 256MB 256bit GDDR3

Although it seems that the ATi part has a significant clock advantage, its crippled by a 25% reduction in pipes; also, its seems more common that the X800Pros dont come with the proper vertex shader counts. The massive difference in the shaders will account for an (in general), nVidia win here (not to mention the prices)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>

PEOPLE SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM THE GAMER EDITION CARD!!!

1 it's a modified 6800 (not GT)
2. it's more expensive then the GT!

Yes it's a fact so get over it.

Looks like Blue's comment is actually occuring.

I like to give it to people straight :).. The information is indeed correct and some people need to learn those facts.

Radeon is a better manufacturer of graphics card than NVIDIA

Well praetor said it best but here goes... There was absolutely nothing intelegent about that comment what so ever and not only was it amaturish but wrong.. Nvidia and ATi are both great company's and although ATi "WAS" on top 2 years running it's not the case this year and all the years b4 it.. This is yet onother fact.

And yes i'm a little pissy at this moment and yet that's another fact.. LOL

Goodnight

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm confused here... Is this not a gt? if so then what your saying is this GT is better then the GT? what? huh? never mind.
Its not a GT. What ASUS did was they took nVdia's 6800 and 6800GT boards, removed the GPU and swapped them. They called the one that ended up with the 6800 the V9999GE and the one with the 6800GT the V9999GT