Whats the diff. between all of the X800 XT cards?

then00b

I am going to buy a new x800 XT video card but have no idea which one to buy. Which one would be the best buy for gaming and everything else (price doesnt matter)?

Thanks

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I find most cards are almost always the same, the difference is usually in the bundle (a few exceptions are the stock OCd cards).

mar666

The Asus version of the X800 XT is definetly the best choice to get, provided its in your budget. other than that they are all good, Personally i bought the Sapphire X800XT P.E , Sapphire has an amazing reputation of not skimping out on the bundles, They also INCLUDE A OVERCLOCKING utility with their card, now thats trust in your hardware if you ask me. The asus version also has a nice bundle, not to mention a webcam for there game face technology, and blue led lights, would have gone for that card if i had the money just for the blue lights :)

runbird05

Why settle for an x800 XT when you can get an x850 XT PE...I've seen them on eBay and have wondered where the sellers got their hands on them.

then00b

But any idea about the Gigabyte version? I have also heard the HiS version is great due to the intricate cooling part within the card.
I just visited ebay and their only $50 more than the highest priced x800 XT card on new egg. Whats a better buy: the x850 PE or the x800 XT for about $150 less?

Last edited:

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say the x800 is a better buy, and gigabytes model looks ok, HIS cards are a lot more expensive because of the Ice II cooler

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to buy a new x800 XT video card but have no idea which one to buy. Which one would be the best buy for gaming and everything else (price doesnt matter)?
The X800XL is prolly a more financially sound choice.

(a few exceptions are the stock OCd cards).
Except the stock OC is often very little and the cost jump is usually not worth it (some exceptions like the V9999GE exist tho)

HIS cards are a lot more expensive because of the Ice II cooler
God yeah but quite possibly worth it :) ... some of the 'gamer' cards by Sapphire feature Silencer heatsinks are pretty nice for cooling too

Whats a better buy: the x850 PE or the x800 XT for about $150 less?
The cheaper one

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
if you are willing to spend that much for a HiS or Sapphire gamer edition card for improved cooling and the like, then by all means go for it. If you want a good card that is very much like the ATI reference then Gigabyte will be good

then00b

Well I have no idea what x800 XT to choose. I want it to be the plat. edition, and not overheat (basic idea :p )?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
So the Sapphire or the HiS version would be better than the Gigabyte?
1. No
2. Who cares about brand names??
3. You could save your money and just buy the NV/HIS cooler independantly and attatch it on a stock card ....