What's the difference between these card and which one is best?

lelle

New Member
Whats the difference between all the Sapphire, Sapphire Ice-Q, MSI, XFX, and HIS Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 ? Why does the card come with the exact same name but different specs and prices? (like: http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=579053 http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=579052 http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=579211 they have different specs but the exact same name)

How do I know which one is best? Since they all seem to come with different detail stuff ("XXX", "XT", "VAPOR-X" etc) I don't know which one is the best to buy! Should I just go for the cheapest one?
 
there different brands manufacturing the same cards they should all have the same specs but go with one with good reviews and a reputable brand. I have a xfx and it works great
 
they sometimes set the clocks to something else. the stock for the hd 5770 is 850 (i am pretty sure). the other ones are just overclocks. i have the "XT" one although mine was not factory overclocked. i overclocked it myself and got 1000 and 1400 so it is fine for overclocking. i love it and hopefully will be crossfiring soon.
 
they sometimes set the clocks to something else. the stock for the hd 5770 is 850 (i am pretty sure). the other ones are just overclocks.

That's what I think too They were listed as
850
865
875

I'd go with the 865 or 875 if the price isn't much different - b/c I like the enclosed fan port out the back of case. The first one looks like it moved air around inside the case more. But I could be wrong - I've never owned a card like that.
 
Oh, my bad...I didn't look at the links. I just read the post where you were talking about the different brands... :o
 
That's what I think too They were listed as
850
865
875

I'd go with the 865 or 875 if the price isn't much different - b/c I like the enclosed fan port out the back of case. The first one looks like it moved air around inside the case more. But I could be wrong - I've never owned a card like that.

http://en.expreview.com/2009/12/04/...cond-edition-performance-comparison/6015.html
that is a comparison of the two different cooling setups. one performs noticeably better than the other. note the difference in winner between case temp and gpu temp. it is basically up to you if you want better airflow or better gpu cooling (if temps are important to you).
 
that is a comparison of the two different cooling setups. one performs noticeably better than the other. note the difference in winner between case temp and gpu temp. it is basically up to you if you want better airflow or better gpu cooling (if temps are important to you).

Thanks,

I hadn't seen a review like that. At first glance - I'd probably still go for version 1 - b/c my Antec 300 has decent - but not max airflow like some other cases out there. But if I had better air flow in my case - I'd probably go with version 2.
 
Back
Top