whats your average??

tlarkin

VIP Member
Pffft...NOOB:rolleyes:

well help me out dood, I want to get this time travel parallel universe thing fixed. Just now when I got home, there were two versions of my PC desktop. One from future and one from the present, but I don't know which one is which, and I suspect one may be evil.

HELP!:eek:

scooter

banned
well help me out dood, I want to get this time travel parallel universe thing fixed. Just now when I got home, there were two versions of my PC desktop. One from future and one from the present, but I don't know which one is which, and I suspect one may be evil.

HELP!:eek:

Everything has way of working out...

My advice is dont fight the evil one..

deankenny

if i got vista ultimate 64 bit, would that be slower than vista premium 32 bit, beause theres more stuff on ultimate?

deankenny

regardless of boot time at the mo, i want to know if ultimate 64 is any slower running in general desktop etcetc than premium 32 as i want 64 but i can get ultimate very easily from a friend at the mo

tlarkin

VIP Member
regardless of boot time at the mo, i want to know if ultimate 64 is any slower running in general desktop etcetc than premium 32 as i want 64 but i can get ultimate very easily from a friend at the mo

They are essentially the same OS, with the same kernel. The home editions lack some enterprise like features where you would manage a machine and connect it to a domain controller.

Other than that, they are the same OS. 32 bit vs 64 bit - all that means is that your machine can do 64 bit instruction sets, memory addressing and architecture. The only time this comes into your advantage is if you are using a 64 bit application.

deankenny

ok cool thanks, so ultimate is not any slower than premium then, i dont wanna get ultimate and find it takes up more resources because it has more stuff with it

Cleric7x9

They are essentially the same OS, with the same kernel. The home editions lack some enterprise like features where you would manage a machine and connect it to a domain controller.

Other than that, they are the same OS. 32 bit vs 64 bit - all that means is that your machine can do 64 bit instruction sets, memory addressing and architecture. The only time this comes into your advantage is if you are using a 64 bit application.

well said

Fritzjavel

well i have vista ultimate... 32bit... no need for 64bit now... i go throught 3-5 bars... depending on a restart or from a cold start.... IDK Y

Humveeluvr

Hummm... something is just not right here! But anyways I get about 2.5 vertical bars before loading!

363935521_fa5cbaf0ce.jpg