WIndows 10 WHEA Uncorrectable Error: Need help!!

Harrison Sawyer

So, back in August I bought brand new computer parts, only used parts I used was the motherboard (got it from Amazon though) eventually more RAM and my hard drive.

(Specs)
  • Gigabyte B360M DS3H​
  • 32gb RAM (Legit bought it yesterday, I was getting a different blue screen error more info below)​
  • EVGA 1660 TI​
  • I7-8700​

So, basically all of the parts are new, the ram I bought 16GB, I traded my old parts for another 16gb. I had absolutely no issues and all of sudden I got this error "WHEA Uncorrectable Error:" - I googled it and realized my hard drive was older, so I decided to buy a SSD, so February I reinstalled Windows and was actually good for a decent amount of time. Recently (Unsure exactly when, but sometime last month) I started to get this error yet again....

Here is what I tried to fix it:

* Took my RAM out and put it back in

* Reset BIOS

* Updated BIOS

* Ran multiple tests including one that tested ALL my hardware, no errors came back

* Googled it

* Asked in Facebook groups and on Discord servers

* Ran a CMD command that fixes corrupt Windows files

So, it was a little over a week since I got the error, thought the corrupt Windows files were fixed and I was good to go, however I got it again, then a day or so later I got a new error saying something about my RAM. I posted around and people said hey, my RAM was mismatched, because I traded for RAM, the timing, version and ram was wrong compared to the RAM I bought on Amazon, I got 1x 16GB Module on Amazon, but I had 2x 8GB... so yesterday I went out and bought brand new 4 sticks 8gb each 32GB total of ram... all the same brand speed etc.... now I am getting the error "WHEA Uncorrectable Error:" yet again.... at this point I have no idea what to do... I have the money to buy parts but I am not going to continue to spend money on parts and having issues, if someone knows and is positive of the answer please help me out.... I am about to say screw it and buy a prebuilt and hope for the best.

Also, yes I know how to build computers, I have been building computers for around 5 years now, I have never ran into a issue like this, I have tried as much as I can but at this point I am just posting this everywhere i can to hope and find someone knowledgeable who can help me out

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download and run this, providing dump files were actually created for the blue screens.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Harrison Sawyer

Download and run this, providing dump files were actually created for the blue screens.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.
==================================================
Dump File : 050220-13453-01.dmp
Crash Time : 5/2/2020 4:19:24 AM
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : ffffa803`83e0b028
Parameter 3 : 00000000`b2000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00030005
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+43ddc
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1b7ab0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050220-13453-01.dmp
Processors Count : 12
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 17763
Dump File Size : 2,472,044
Dump File Time : 5/2/2020 4:20:59 AM
==================================================

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Please zip up the following file and attach to your next post and i'll try debugging the dump file.

C:\Windows\Minidump\050220-13453-01.dmp

I can tell you right now though that the code 124 represents a hardware failure.

Harrison Sawyer

Thanks. and ugh, I am really assuming its my motherboard.... only logical issue it could be.

Attachments

• 050220-13453-01.zip
    365.8 KB · Views: 1

Intel_man

VIP Member
If it's coming up as an unknown processor, you can try reseating the CPU. During that process, inspect the socket to see if there's any bent pins anywhere.

First of all... Did you use an ESD-protecting wristband or similar??
If not you might have run into an discharge issue (Oh good… That sounded more kinky than intended)

Anyway.. Please check the cooling paste while you fiddle with the processor.. The amount to use is usually equal to the size of a grain of rice..

And next, When your PC works for a while, check if your "BIOS" needs updating.. Updates does often add support for processors..

Here you will find bios downloads for B360M DS3H https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
The latest version is: F16c

Last edited: