Where did my cd drive go?!

kobaj

VIP Member
I have a Memorex True8xn dvd burner. It used to work perfectly with windows and nero. Then roughly a week ago it seems as if it just dissapeard. Before I start, system restore is NOT an option (I need to make another thread to fix that too >.<).

The problem is I can not access the dvd drive at all, through windows or nero. In my device manager it shows up but with a yellow exclamation mark and the device status sais it can not find drivers. I have tried reinstalling using windows driver update wizard. Uninstalled then reinstalled with windows driver wizard. Neither of those work. Uninstalled and tried to load the firmware from Memorex's site, but that gives me an error saying I dont have a true8xn drive.

This is whats REALLY confusing, I put in another DVD burner and windows wont load drivers for it either!

So does anyone have a clue for this?

kobaj

VIP Member
Memorex doesnt have driver download, only firmware. Ive tried googling for drivers but I dont find anything.

tomb08uk

Have you recently installed itunes or norton 360? If so, the software takes the drivers out. If so, its a registry edited you need to do.

Jabes

banned
they don't have drivers for drives just firmware I'm pretty sure try the latest one and let us know what happens

and btw can you see it when you click the windows key + pause(next to scroll lock) and go to the hardware tab and then to device manager?

Last edited:

kobaj

VIP Member
Yes I can see it, but it says windows can not load the device drivers, code 39. I installed a new SATA dvd drive a minute ago but it come up with the same error.

EDIT: Installed a SATA hard drive as well and it doesnt show up either.

It showes up perfectly in Windows Vista, damnit, something is telling me a reinstall is in order >.<!

Last edited:

kobaj

VIP Member
XD, middle of backing everything up and I found a guide on how to fix it. Anywho, Ive been having a bunch of other problems, so Ill just format to fix those too.