Where to buy desktop replacement?

goobafish

Hey Guys,
I was just thinking a building a new desktop when it dawned on me that i could get a laptop instead. Here are some specs I want

Pentitum 4 (3.2-3.8) (any suggestions for better processor for gaming and multitasking?)
2024b RAM
100 gig Hard Drive
Geforce Graphics card (6800 GT - 7800 GTX) (needs to be 256mb)
Good audio card

Where is the best place to pick up a machine like this for a good price.

bigsaucybob

well when choosing a laptop over a desktop ur gonna have to know that ur gonna get much less for ur money. unless u really need the portability i reccomend that u go with the desktop. with the requirements u listed that is gonna set u back a good amount of money. so the first ? is wat is ur budget? and second u might wanna take a look at hte dell xps laptop series. they are very powerful and generally well priced compared to desktop replacements as the alienware (which u might prefer).

Ctcoyote16

Wow man, I think you're going a little overboard. With those spcs, most people don't even have those in their desktops. Plus, I dont even think it's possible to put that kind of stuff in laptops anyway., but I may be wrong

Geoff

VIP Member
Ctcoyote16 said:
Wow man, I think you're going a little overboard. With those spcs, most people don't even have those in their desktops. Plus, I dont even think it's possible to put that kind of stuff in laptops anyway., but I may be wrong

Yes, you can have those in a laptop (not sure about a P4 3.8 tho), but it will be extremely expensive! I would go for Pentium M if you want good gaming and multitasking.

spamdos

Ctcoyote16 said:
oh yes it is my friend.

the problem with the p4 or amd processors is that they will chew through battery life. and i suppose u r gonna get a 17" screen so i dont think that u will get much battery life.

but it is possible to get a laptop with those specs for sure, the 6800 go(laptop 6800) should be enough

i say go for it gawddamitt

spamdos

geoff5093 said:
Yes, you can have those in a laptop (not sure about a P4 3.8 tho), but it will be extremely expensive! I would go for Pentium M if you want good gaming and multitasking.
sorry one last thing u can get 3.8 but pM will not beat it in multi tasking and gaming but will beat it in battery life