which all-in-one best? lexmark X7170 or brother mfc-5840cn

SFR

Truth fears no questions
If you cannot decide based on the specs of both machines, do some research on the internet and read up on professional/editor reviews and customer reviews.

marquita188

SFR said:
If you cannot decide based on the specs of both machines, do some research on the internet and read up on professional/editor reviews and customer reviews.

i can't find any reviews on the brother's model

Geoff

VIP Member
I would prefer an HP OfficeJet, but if you debating between those 2, i would go with the Lexmark only because it specializes in printer/all in ones, unlike brother who makes lots of products, thats my opinion.

double-dragon

Lexmark have rather expensive ink cartriges. I use to own one, £20 a time :eek:
Don't know much about Brother. I have an Epson R300 now :D

Epson R300/R200 would be my recommendation if you're open to suggestions.

marquita188

any suggestions are welcome on all-in-one printers with fax functions too :p
which of the 2 has the cheapest ink price [us$]

Last edited:

marquita188

marquita188 said:
any suggestions are welcome on all-in-one printers with fax functions too :p
which of the 2 has the cheapest ink price [us$]

i'm leaning towards the brother's, because of it card reader, ethernet port and dual paper trays

Last edited:

Echo_

brothers between those 2.. lexmark is usually known as the cheap pos printers in this industry

look into hps as well

Bobo

banned
HP Laserjet 3015 #311037

HP OfficeJet 7310 #315730

Compusa.com/hp.com-search around a little

Both laser printer, scanner, copier, and fax. #2 is a lot better

marquita188

I just went on and bought the brother 6-in-1 instead of the lexmark and it was a great buy:

it prints good photos on plain paper too! and it scans and prints fast, but the copying is kinda of slow, i love the dual paper trays, easy to use, i've printed up 25 pages(photos, docs, etc.) and it still is full of ink! don't used up ink fast, GREAT! great value too because lexmark jack-up the price on the x7170 to 199.95 around the same time i bought my printer. while brother stayed the same at 189.00